Island Women (IW) is a non-profit community action organization open to all women interested in improving the amenities that Pleasure Island has to offer. As a diverse group of local women with many talents and resources, our objective is to enhance the quality of life on Pleasure Island for residents and guests.
In 2014 a group of local women business owners and retail employees met to brainstorms ways to help revitalization efforts on Pleasure Island. Today, our membership is over 200 women strong and we have expanded our focus to include efforts to make Pleasure Island a more environmentally friendly community. (See “About Us” and “Community Outreach” on the IW home page for more information about IW and our projects)
Why Join IW?
Joining allows you to make a positive impact in your community and an opportunity to develop new skills and share your unique talent and knowledge. Members connect with other women, sharing experiences and creating relationships that can last a lifetime.
What is included in a membership?
- Invitations to a variety of events, volunteer opportunities and social activities throughout the year.
- Access to the member only section of our Website and Facebook page offering the ability to connect with other IW members.
- IW newsletters and emails about IW news and upcoming activities and events.
- Opportunities to become connected, involved and engaged by participating in one of the many committees and special interest groups.
- Participation in the General members’ meeting held on the first Wednesday of each month, alternating between morning and evening meetings.
Who can join?
IW invites every women to join us!
What does it cost?
Annual dues of $25 are assessed and payable during the month of October each year. These donations help cover the operational expenses of IW. Voting privileges are granted to members who pay their dues and complete a minimum of 10 volunteer hours a year.
How do I join?
Click the member sign up button below to fill out the application online or print the application and bring it with your $25 dues to the next membership meeting.
Contact us at 910-707-4490 or send us an email at IslandWomenPI@gmail.com for more information about becoming a member and all that IW offers!
*Eligibility for voting is validated at the general election each year for the next year. Dues are set annually by the Board; however, the annual dues assessment may not be increased more than 10% above the maximum assessment of the previous year without a vote of membership.